Tips & Advice
- Do use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
- Do use trivets or mats under hot dishes or cookware.
- Do place a small rug or mat at entryways to trap dirt and sand from normal foot traffic.
- Do dust countertops, islands, vanities and floors frequently.
- Do blot up spills immediately to minimize permanent damage to the stone.
- Do clean surfaces by wiping with clean water, then wiping dry with a clean cloth.
- Do educate your housekeepers on the use of the proper cleaning products.
- DON'T use vinegar, bleach, ammonia or other general-purpose cleaners.
- DON'T use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub and tile cleaners.
- DON'T use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- DON'T use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for natural stone.
- DON'T forget to seal the grout!